Are you thinking of expanding your RPAS business to include high accuracy aerial surveys? Do you have connections to mining and agriculture, but are uncertain how to leverage your drone to make use of them?
Diversify your available services by learning the basics of remote sensing and photogrammetry. Create actionable data that your clients can utilize to make informed decisions.
This course gives in introduction to remote sensing. We go over how a camera records imagery and what sensor attributes are important in UAV photography.
Best mission planning procedures for conducting 2D and 3D operations. We also review a few of the prevalent data processing software and the pros and cons associated with each.
In this class you will learn:
- Basic remote sensing concepts
- How shutter type and sensor size effect data capture
- How to plan automated missions for 3D modeling or 2D mapping
- GPS principles so that you always have the highest quality data
- Advantages and disadvantages of cloud processing
- How to utilize Pix 4D for data collection and processing
Instructor: Kyle McKinnon
Requirements: You must hold a basic or advanced RPAS operators certificate from Transport Canada. You must have a laptop capable of running Pix4D mapper and a smart device capable of running pix 4d capture.
Cancellation Policy: We require 14 days cancellation notice prior to your scheduled arrival. A transfer to another class is permitted. Otherwise, no refund will be issued.
2020 Course Date: Please contact Sarah Spry if you have questions about this course.